Mobile technology has revolutionised advertising industry. Hyperlocal mobile apps have changed the facade of location-based advertising. Marketers are concerned with engaging local mobile consumers with personalised hyperlocal marketing campaigns. Now, for better understanding of the concept, let’s first learn what hyperlocal marketing is all about. Well, hyperlocal marketing is a way of marketing to a defined local geographic area, maybe a city, a region, a neighbourhood or a block, with the use of the geofencing feature of a mobile device. Since consumers are becoming used to mobile technologies these days, it becomes much easier for businesses to engage their audience through this kind of mobile marketing. For example, businesses are offering mobile deals and coupons to engage customers of a specific area. These customers, as soon as they are in the vicinity of the particular business center/shop/stall, get to know about these mobile coupons, which draw their attention.
Moreover, hyperlocal advertising campaigns result in increased click-through-rate(CTR) in accordance to industry benchmark. Marketers are realizing the demerits of one-ad-fits-all approach. Therefore, they are leveraging mobile specific techniques to geofence customers and offer them personalized incentives. Hence, businesses are encashing the benefits of hyperlocal mobile app marketing. Hyperlocal apps target audiences by collecting information from their GPS location information.
Here are the 5 effective marketing practices with hyperlocal mobile apps:
- Hyperlocal mobile apps help businesses lure local customers with incentives. For example, brand stores at shopping malls can attract nearby residents with lucrative offers via hyperlocal apps and thereby, convince them to visit their stores. These visitors are often potential purchasers. Thus, hyperlocal apps have the potential to generate customer leads. Also, sometimes retail outlets at airports or railway stations can entice passengers with offers for last minute travel buys.
- Hyperlocal apps influence customers’ decision to visit a specific store. For example, during festive season, to beat the rush, local customers can check the availability of their desired products through hyperlocal apps and visit only selective shops to buy those items.
- Hyperlocal apps with iBeacons changed the scenario of in-store marketing. Hyperlocal mobile apps in visitors’ mobile devices listens for signals from in-store iBeacons and delivers hyper-textual content to those visitors. This helps the visitors know about the existing coupons offered by those brands. Thus, brands can easily attract their in-store footfalls this way.
- Businesses can execute a national campaign with hyperlocal apps. Though by definition hyperlocal marketing is supposed to be concerned with local branding yet the concept could even be used to carry out a national campaign. For example, some brands run different promotional offers in various regions across a country. This way, apps create virtual boundaries for customers within a country. Now, when a customer crosses any of these boundaries, a brand’s hyperlocal app notifies the customer about the nearby outlets and in-store offers. Thus, such personalized notification inspires more engagement, ensures trust on the brand and ultimately creates customer leads.
- An entire business can flourish simply on hyperlocal mobile marketing. Initially hyperlocal marketing was just concentrated around location based promotional offers, now, entire businesses are based on hyperlocal mobile marketing. For example, certain transport service providers run their businesses only via hyperlocal mobile apps.
Thus, hyperlocal marketing with mobile apps has been the recent buzz among marketers. Businesses are outsourcing the services to a digital marketing agency for best results. Digital marketing agencies hire the best team of experts to run successful hyperlocal marketing campaigns within budget.